Thank you for participating in the session.
In RRR we discussed:
- Encopresis & soiling
- SCID / HIV – 10 month old
- Sudden onset paraplegia 15/12 old
AG presented and discussed History in the Clinical exam with a PowerPoint presentation. How History in the Clinical exam is a little like the various forms of cricket games: 5 days test / 50 over OD / T 20. All need same skill set but players have to choose and play differently in each format. The Do’s & Don’ts of the exam.
Learning points of the session:
- Structured approach to history
- Have a differential diagnosis in 3 mins to work through
- Communication is assessed here also – 4 marks
- Rapport, Empathy
- How is ‘RP coping?
- Open and closed questions
- Age appropriate questions
- HEADSS for teenagers
- Acknowledge RP’s concerns
- PARK concerns and do NOT get into Communication mode
- Explore cues given by RP – do not ignore
- Immunocompromised – Check for h/o Chickenpox
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.
Wish safe travel and sterling performance to our memebes who will be in the true ‘hotseats’ in the next few days.