Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Stridor – Floppy larynx – DD
- UTI prevention advice
- Bruising legs & arms – HSP DD
The Clinical station was History and Managment. Dr A had the Role player hat of a 15 year old young lady with diabetes feeling tired and unwell. Dr P took the Hotseat with Dr A & Dr P with Examiner hats. All others were also asked to prepare for the station with points they will ask. Dr P had a very good attempt and got most of the history. The observations were that there was more reliance on Closed questions than open questions that led to certain information not being unearthed. Role player also felt as it the interrogation was a session with school teacher!
The Learning points are:
- Prepare a differential diagnosis / cause list in 4 mins ‘outside’
- This will give you frame work for your history
- Follow up on cues from Role player – Do Not ignore
- Open ended questions in the earlier part
- ‘How are you coping?’
- Closed questions will usually be necessary to complete
- Menstrual history in ‘eligible’ age group
- HEADS – do not forget
Shishir gave invaluable tip for Development station:
- 3 Cs: Cubes – Crayon – Cutting
- 3 Bs: Book – Board (puzzle) – Beads
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.