Thank you for joining session today.
In the RRR we discussed:
- NEC – management
- Addison’s disease
- Breath holding attack – Non Epileptic Seizures
The clinical station was of a 6 yr old with h/o blood transfusions and hepatomegaly. Dr I took the hotseat and did the exam well but took a little longer than 6 minutes allotted. Discussion was good.
The Learning points are:
- Systematic examination technique should be ‘automatic’.
- Rapport – Inspection – Palpation – Percussion – Auscultation –
- Expose the part following introductions so as NOT to forget
- Scars – DO NOT miss them – be Vigilant.
- Identify scars – some may be due to NON MEDICAL procedures
- Cautery by ‘Local native’ practitioners
- Time management is essential – practice completing ‘exam’ in 5 minutes
- Conclusion – give Diagnosis if reasonably sure with supporting findings
- Otherwise – findings with your differential diagnosis
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.