Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Biliary atresia – diagnosis & treatment
- Prematurity – complication / problems
- Care after cardiac surgery
Our H&M scenario was of a 3 week old baby presenting with poor feeding, weight loss and Sr Na: 113 mmol/l. Dr P was a very able and good Role player, he was non demanding, not quite like a RP to be expected in exam. Dr L took the hotseat with Dr A having the examiner hat. Dr Shishir gave expert advice. Dr L took a very good history with good introduction and parking query but ran short of time. Too much time was spend on exploring the feeding history at cost of other important facets.
The Learning points are:
- Systematic approach to history is essential
- Note main bullet points in outside 4 mins with Differential
- Divide your time accordingly
- Open and Closed questions
- Do Not spend too much time – move on to next bullet point
- Come back to check more details if time permits
- Remember 80% info gets 80% marks – No history get 0% marks
- Social history, How carer is coping is essential
- Family history
- Education & Support available – check
- Summarize at 9 mins
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.