Thank you for joining the session. We had a slightly different format. There was only one ‘R’ and the other two Rs were replaced by Communication scenario – Drug error repeated. AG was the candidate and Dr S was the RP. There are no0 rights or wrongs to these scenarios but some will get more marks than others. Practice to make them ‘your own’.
The RRR was:
- Rhesus disease. What and how?
The History scenario was on a child of 11 years with Coeliac disease. Mother is anxious about a planned school trip. Dr J was our RP and had developed the scenario. Dr P was in the hotseat and took a very balance history. Very good input by all others.
The Learning points are:
- Drug error – practice how you will like to be addressed
- Do not forget 30 sec rule and 2 min Shishir’s rule
- History – be systematic
- Explore RP’s concerns else they will not move forward
- Park queries – Do Not go into Communication Mode
- Details vs concerns is a balancing act
- Remember it is Focused history – you CANNOT cover EVERYTHING
- History could be of Acute condition – need to get to diagnosis
- Or Chronic condition – needing exploring precipitating cause
- Social history is very important – do NOT omit.
- Control of nerves is a very crucial part of exam
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.