Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Jaundice in newborn
- Bilateral hydronephrosis @ 20 Week antenatal scan
- Enuresis in 6 year old
The Video station was of a clip a 16 month old presenting with respiratory distress and a CXR showing loops of intestine in Right hemithorax. Dr P was in the Hotseat and Dr K & Dr P had the examiner hat. Dr P picked up all the clinical signs, had appropriate history questions, examination and good management plan. The examiners made valid comments. Dr MF joined us as faculty and made good advice on approach and how to focus on the task.
Learning points are:
- Be focussed while watching the video clip.
- Develop a differential
- Trust your eyes – give weight to your observation
- Do NOT try to manipulate and box findings into your ‘diagnosis’.
- Be flexible and ready to change following your observations.
- Congenital abnormalities can present out of neonatal period.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.