Thank you for your participation in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Problems of prematurity
- VSD – why diagnosis missed at birth
- Iron deficiency anaemia in a 3 year old
In the clinical station we had a 14 year old girl who came for routine FU and task is to examine her Respiratory system. Dr S was in the Hotseat and picked most of the clinical signs in a systematic examination. A few significant observations were missed and a finding not present was noted. The summary was well presented. We discussed how it could be improved.
- Systematic examination – is improving
- Examination of Upper respiratory tract is also part of examination – at least mention
- Categorise your answers and mention more common causes first
- Suppurative Lung Disease is a better opening diagnosis than Cystic Fibrosis
- Important to know various access devices used in children
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.