Thank you for your participation today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Genetic counselling – Trisomy 21.
- Screening in Newborn
- Competent parent ( parenting).
The Clinical station was of a 1.5 yr old presenting with parent’s complaint of walking difficulty. Big head, scar in the cervical spine and normal walk for 18 month old. Dr I opted for the hotseat. The examination was thorough but could be streamlined better – a little more structured.
- Important to be structured
- Make an A4 sheet plan for each major domain / station.
- Complete the examination is 5-6 mins max.
- Do NOT upset the child. Step BACK if child upset.
- Make an attempt to calm the child BUT do NOT force yourself on the child
- It is not important to persevere with examination – more important your attitude.
- Technical Terms are NOT a NO NO but if essential – EXPLAIN what you mean
- Use CORRCT terms for description.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I have missed.