Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Urine specimen collection in suspected UTI
- Vit K deficiency in newborn
- Short stature
In the Video station we had clip of a 6 month old with transverse abdominal scar and pale stools. Dr I took the hot seat and made a good attempt at history points to ask, examination and differential. We explored the history further.
Learning points are:
- Common conditions first
- Structured questioning
- Specific questions – do not ask general broad based questions
- Straight forward – go for the obvious
- Do not waste opportunity on asking questions about signs already obvious
- Use appropriate terms – neonate means upto 4 weeks
- Surgery in at 6 weeks will be answered ‘not in neonatal period’.
Vist www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or any points I may have missed.