Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Syndrome diagnosis (Trisomy 21) & Genetic counselling
- Nightmare & Night Terrors: if NO IDEA – throw back on Role player.
- Rickets – causes
The Video Station was of a video clip of 2 year old generally looking well with facial swelling, puffy eyes. Dr I took the hotseat and picked up the clinical signs but the history could have been more specific. It is important to get he differential diagnosis at the start – do not go into the video station with ONLY one diagnosis.
- Read the lead in statement very carefully
- After watching the cues develop a differential diagnosis
- Do NOT end up with ONLY ONE diagnosis.
- The differential will guide you to the History questions and Examination points
- Management of Investigations – give with expected results – NOt just a list
- Visualize what you would do on the ward
- Always involve your Consultant and Tertiary unit where appropriate
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or add points I may have missed.