Thank you for participating in the session today. We had 6:00 – 7:00 pm session only. The afternoon session we did have as our fellows from Malayasia, Hongkong have had their exams and are now waiting for the results.
The RRR were:
- Stages of play
- GMFCS scale
- Investigations in Moderate / Severe global developmental delay
The Development station scenario was of parental concern regarding a 3.5 year old. Task was to assess developmental age. Dr A had agreed to be the role player / examiner giving the cues. Dr Ab was in the hot seat. There is a lot to learn in verbalising the developmental exam.
The Learning points are:
- Structure the exam carefully
- Technique needs to be fluent
- Start with General observation of the ‘room.
- Choose toys and present with One tool at a time.
- Mention clearly you are REMOVING the tool before offering next
- Change tools if child reluctant to interact. Come back again if time permits.
- Use mother to ‘ask child’ to complete a particular task.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or add points I have missed.