Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Diabetes Insipidus – what, diagnosis & management
- Cystic Fibrosis: Diagnosis
- Blood spot test vs Guthrie test
In the Communication we took scenario of disclosure of information to a 12 year old with likely diagnosis of Leukemia. Parents had asked Medical team not to inform the child. Student nurse is unhappy with the decision. Dr A was in the hotseat and Dr A & Dr AG were role players. The scenario is a difficult one but relates to a number of topics that regularly come in the exam.
- Ethical communication – important to have a structure
- Use correct terminology
- Be anatomically correct when discussing
- Do NOT give up if you feel you have NO idea of where to go
- If Role Player keeps coming back – refuses to move forward
- Throw back to Role player – ‘Why are you concerned: What do you know of it?”
- Role player has information they will give ONLY if ASKED.
- Use 4 minutes wisely and prepare ‘well’.
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or anything I have missed.