Thank you for attending the session today and making it a very useful learning experience.I will need a volunteer for the role play on Thursday.
We did not touch RRR today and instead took extra time on the communication scenario that was of a drug error – 5 week old infant given Phenobabritone 75 mg instead of 15 mg.
A common scenario of an angry role player.
DR AG was the role player. Dr A was in the hot seat and Dr D tried the scenario again with Dr A in the hot seat. Good attempt in face of a very angry and upset parent.
- Systematic approach
- Build rapport
- Do NOT start with – I have come to inform you of an error.
- Apology ONLY after you have informed of ERROR.
- NOT vice-versa.
- Prepare your ‘agenda’ for first 2 minutes – get cues from Role player from there on.
- 30 sec rule – DO NOT forget
- ‘I understand how you feel’. Look as you mean it – pause.
- DO not just say as if you have to.
- You DONOT have to tell EVERY THING you know.
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comment or points I may have missed.