Thank you for participating in the session today. We commenced on the Video Station. Following the RRR we had a PowerPoint presentation and a Video station.
In RRR we discussed:
- 4 day old baby is referred for jaundice
- Soiling in in 5 year old
- Screening test for Cystic fibrosis
For the Video Station we had a presentation by AG on how to attempt the Video Station. The do’s & Don’ts. Questions one may ask and examine. How to best present and what if? The video station scenario was of a 4 day old baby referred for review by district midwife. Dr I was in the hotseat and for the second session we had a Dr E take the first description of clinical signs observed. Good discussion.
- Structure to thinking after seeing the introductory information
- Differential diagnosis is a MUST to guide you through the station
- Specific history and examination details
- Do NOT ask for general broad information
- Management in broad categories first – then go to specifics if asked
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.
We have no session on Thursday 23rd.
Merry Xmas to all and Seasons Greeting.