Thank you for participating in the sessions today.
In RRR we discussed:
- 29 weeker twins. Problems of prematurity
- Sudden desaturation of 1 day old preterm on ventilator: DOPE
- Hypothyroid – TSH 400mu/L on 6th day blood test
In the Clinical station we discussed a 4 year old presenting with difficulty in walking and frequent falls. Universal cues were of calf hypertrophy and Gower’s sign. Dr I & Dr D were in the hot seat. Both made very good attempts.
Learning points are:
- Structured examination
- Follow a logical order
- Power check in Group of muscle acting on a joint
- Summary – your DD and supporting clinical findings
- Time management is essential and practice completing exam in 5 minutes
- General examination is part of EVERY clinical systemic exam.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.