Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- 18 month old with difficulty in going to sleep
- DDH / CDH
- Limp in 6 year old
The Communication scenario was of an 11 month old with suspected meningitis. Mother is not giving permission for a Lumbar puncture. Dr A & Dr D were in the hotseat while Dr A & Dr J were very competent role players.
The task was difficult and the learning points are:
- To be accurate with anatomical description
- Meningitis is not infection of the brain.
- Treatment of meningitis is Antibiotics and NOT Lumber Puncture.
- LP is important to confirm diagnosis and decide on best treatment option
- Viral meningitis will not need antibiotics.
- Address RP’s CONCERNS or they will NOT move forward
- If you are going round in loops – STEP out.
- Seniors will come as soon as they have finished a ‘clinic’ or looking after another child
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or any points I may have missed.