Thank you for your participation in the session today.
In the RRR we discussed:
- Complications of diabetes
- UTI – guidelines
- Collection of Urine sample in paediatric age group
In Communication scenario task was to explain suspected diagnosis Teacher Collins to parents. Dr I & Dr I were in the hotseat and Dr M & Dr A were very good role players. The attempts were good but there are a lot of learning points:
- Abnormal child vs child with different features
- Offer to see the child together and highlight ‘different features’ mentioned.
- Do not follow your agenda – GIVE role player a chance to express their concerns
- Genetic tests: TCS: TCS1, TCS2 AD & TCS3 AR. Check.
- Diagnosis does not need MDT. Management does.
- Check UTI guidelines.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.