Thank you for participating in the sessions today. We covered Development station. Dr Urmila covered the station with her special interest.
- Small for dates baby – cause, effects and management
- Anaphylaxis – What, How to recognize and treat plus discharge planning / advice
Development we covered basic do & don’t of this station with how to focus on history and then how to conduct the examination. Summarize and discuss with examiner. Scenario was developmental age by gross motor assessment of a child with age of around 2-2.5 years.
- Time management in history & points to cover
- Structured examination.
- Can ask of domain asked to give a sense of development BUT not for things that can be discovered on examination.
- General examination is VITAL for this station
- OBSERVE the child and comment on posture, movement, behaviour
- Concise summary
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.