Thank you for your participation in today’s session.
Rapid Random Review were:
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Polygenic Inheritance – explain to Medical student / FY1
- Congenital Heart Disease – explain to Role player
The clinical station was CVS. Universal cues were: Stroller, Webbed neck, median sternotomy, Systolic diastolic murmur, LVH on ECG. Dependent cues were to be obtained while conducting the examination. Dr A took the hot seat and after feedback conducted the examination and summary better.
- General physical examination is a MUST & a part of systemic examination
- Verbalizing is significantly more difficult then examining in ‘real.
- Structured approach is essential
- Be Very careful with your words
- “I will put the child at ease” – question – ‘How? ‘Ask of his favourite TV show’.
- Rapport building: by interacting and asking what he will do at school?
- Think of Dependent cues as you proceed
- Practice to complete the examination is 5 minutes
- Summarize in 30 seconds – max 45 seconds – be precise
- Time management is Essential for scoring marks
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.