Thank you for participating in the session today.
The Rapid Random Review were:
- Down’s syndrome – feature & genetics – inheritance
- Arrhythmia in children – SVT
- Bruising in 5 years old – ITP? management
The Video scenario was of a 14 years old seen in A&E following a seizure recorded by teacher. Evidence of asymmetrical limbs movement. Dr S & Dr I were in the hotseat.
- Note details in introduction – each word has been looked at carefully
- Observe the Video very carefully
- Structured approach
- Tonic clonic seizures are symmetrical
- ITP – refresh management guidelines – do not say ‘ No Treatment’.
- Be confident of your observation
- In Communication – Do NOT keep on apologizing
- Before ‘intervention’ mention why i.e. referral for counselling.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or any points I may have missed.