Thank you for participating in the session today. We had our Rapid Random Review which were:
- Jittery baby
- Toxic radiation to CNS in ALL relapse treatment – Learning disability
- Cerebral dysfunction in Newborn – signs
This was followed by a PowerPoint presentation by AG on the radio station and how to attempt the presenting scenario.Video clip was of a two day old baby who was showing evidence of seizure activity. Hotseat was taken by Dr I & Dr K. Examiners were Dr A & Dr A – Dr D & Dr S
- You are allowed to use a paper to make notes
- Think of differential diagnosis (DD) in 4 minutes with initial information
- Observe the Video carefully and note the signs
- Work out questions to ask in history on your DD
- Relevant examination on your DD
- If examiner suggests a different Diagnosis – Do Not argue!
- Support your diagnosis
- Aetiology in BROAD categories first
- Management in Broad principles first.
- If an ‘Emergency’ – deal with that first e.g. seizures
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.