Thank you for participating in the sessions. We had two sessions 3 to 4 and 6 to 7 pm after break of a few weeks.
In RRR – rapid random review we discussed:
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis – diagnosis & management
- Discharge from ear in 5 year old
- Raised Intracranial Pressure in 6 year old – aetiology
The clinical scenario was off at 16-year-old who had taken a few tablets of paracetamol and then presented to a and E with a friend. Multiple old cut marks were noted on her left forearm. The task was to discuss her concerns and your management plan. DR S & Dr H were in the hot seat while Dr a & Dr A provided excellent Role play. Examiners provided to the point feedback.
Learning points were:
- Read the scenario VERY CAREFULLY
- Note down important facts – name, timeline and task
- Address the Role player appropriately
- Do not be judgemental
- Explore concerns
- Respond to RP’s questions or cures
- Need to be reassuring – Paediatric patients seldom dies hence say so.
- NOT we need to wait for results to give a prognosis.
- Do NOT assume investigations have been done – if not mentioned
- Read current guidelines for ALL HYPOs – HYPERS & STATUS xx conditions
Vist www.mrcpchconline.org to add your comments or anything I may have missed.