Thank you for participating in the session today. I realised that changing and chopping the time schedule for the meetings is confusing and hence from next week we will have the regular sessions at 3:00 – 4:00 pm and the second one as required when asked by one of you who cannot attend 3 to 4 session due to work or other commitments.
Today we discussed in:
- 5 year old with burns – how to approach & manage
- Partial seizures
- Portal hypertension – haematemesis
Communications scenario rows of a 2 1/2-year-old girl admitted with suspected non-accidental injury. Dr I was the role player – rather gentle and Dr H was in the hot seat.
I missed recording the whole session hence we will repeat the scenario of Thursday.
- Do not forget the 30 sec rule
- Introductions – ask how to address other person
- Investigations for suspected NAI
- Differential diagnosis for bruising
- Social service only when confident of the diagnosis – not on suspicion only
- Place of safety – Law states for a child with unexplained injuries needs to be kept safe.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points missed.