Thank you for your participation and making the session so informative.
We started with RRR:
- Epiglottitis – differential and management – minimal disturbance and seek airway support
- Abdominal Pain 5 yr old
- Transient Tachypnoea of Newborn. – TTN
We then practice Communication of Treacher Collins Syndrome – Dr A was the role player and I demonstrated how I would attempt the scenario.
The communication scenario of the day was – A 2 day old baby with rhesus incompatibility under phototherapy. Task was to Getting permission for Exchange Transfusion from parent. Dr F took the hotseat and Dr A was the role player. Scenario was attempted well. Appropriate comments from Examiners.
- Do not to give too much information – keep it basic to start
- Do NOT ignore questions / concerns mentioned by role player
- If you do not have an answer – ‘Will check and come back’.
- NEVER GIVE A WRONG ANSWER – knowingly – admit you do not know
- In Critical illness – Reassure
- “With treatment we expect the child to make full recovery’ – will need monitoring
- Open with checking what role player knows or has been told.
If there and comments you wish to add – visit www.mrcpchonline.org