Thank you for participating in the session today and making it interesting and useful.
In the rapid random review we discussed:
- Familial short stature – ‘question to parents “How tall were you at that age’? Bone age.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome – Diagnosis of exclusion – Physio regime – Depression
- Healing loss in a six-year-old – Glue ear / Post meningitis / Congenital
The clinical scenario for communication was to speak to parents of a new born baby born with absent external years and a small Jaw – Treacher Collins syndrome. Dr A was an excellent role player and Dr A was in the hotseat with Dr A & Dr S as examiners proved targeted feedback with examples.
Learning points were:
- RRR topics very useful and good guide to reading for more information
- Respond to concerns of the role player – do not ignore them
- Write down the name of parent or child so you can address them appropriately
- Avoid jargon
- READ the task and information provided CAREFULLY – EACH word has significance
- Be a POSITIVE doctors – not one of doom & gloom
- Be reassuring to role player.
- It is acting and I am not good at it – need to practice.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or anything I may have missed.