Thank you for participating in the session today.
In the random paediatric review we covered:
- Oesophageal atresia & TOF
- Diabetes Mellitus – How is affects adolescence
- Staph & Strep infections – Local and Toxin mediated effects
- ALL – presentation & side effects / complications of treatment
- Evidence Based Medicine
Clinical Station was CVS. 7 year old with Pink, webbed neck, median sternotomy a murmur in URSA – systolic and diastolic. Good attempt by Dr A who completed the examination in under 6 minutes and all points were covered by team effort. Dr S took the hotseat when all other ducked below the parapet – brave effort.
- Timing is very important
- Universal cues – watch carefully – ‘Everything’ is shown for a reason
- Practice how to communicate our thoughts effectively
- Need more practice with murmurs
- Need to vocalize the exam – practice – practice
Add your comments or anything I may have missed.