Thank you for participating in the session today.
Scenario was of discussion with FY1 results of a 6 weeks old baby admitted with diagnosis of Pyloric stenosis with dehydration, metabolic alkalosis, Hypochloremia and hypernatremia.Dr S and Dr P were excellent role players and Dr A, Dr P, Dr N and Dr S took the hotseat.It was well attempted.
- Clarify the agenda if in doubt. Check with role player
- If you spend all your time on the wrong track – there are NO marks
- Be careful & aware and specific about terminology
- Metabolic alkalosis is not caused by blood.
- Communication is a DIALOGUE not a MONOLOGUE
- Do not give a ‘lecture’ – remember 30 seconds Rule
- Speak slowly.
Add your comments or anything I may have missed.