Thank you for all for participating in the session today. The scenario was of a 12 year old given Adrenaline by error. Task was to inform and explain error to parent. Dr D & Dr D took the hotseat in the two sessions and Dr B and Dr V were excellent role players.
The scenario and task was felt to be difficult but a huge learning opportunity.
- Simple language
- Be aware of ‘What you say & How you say “
- Speak slowly and let Role player finish before responding.
- Stay calm and follow the 30 seconds rule
- Appropriate apology but do not over do the apology
- Busy in ‘Clinic’ sounds better than busy in ‘Meeting’ – if waiting to meet ‘Consultant’.
- Accept ‘Human error’.
- Errors can never be ‘completely eliminated.
- Medications vs drugs
- PALS / Datex / Incident Reporting form / Error Reporting / Root Cause Analysis
- Understand the concept of above
- Hot seat and Examiner perspective are very helpful in understanding the approach
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.