Thank you for participating in the session today and making it so interesting. In the video today we saw a two hour old baby, dysmorphic looking who was being ventilated and had evidence of his oesophageal atresia would tracheo-oesophageal fistula, bilateral abnormal ears, vertebral anomalies . The clinical observation of the child was good and noted by all but review of the chest x-ray was less convincing and required some prompting.
The learning points:
- Common thing first – ABC.
- Observe the video carefully, 3 times – FOCUS of different aspects – DO NOT fixate on the same thing
- Be systematic in your summarizing
- Oesophageal atresia – blind upper end needs – Reprigol suction catheter.
- Air below diaphragm is an important sign – MENTION it.
- Listen to question carefully – what 3 things will you do next….
- Inform your Consultant before discussing with other teams.
If I have missed and point – add or leave a comment.