We discussed scenario of constipation and encopresis. It is a very common clinical problem in paediatrics but seems enough attention is not paid to it by trainees. It is worth reading it and discussing or explaining to a colleague.
Learning points were:
- While reading the information ‘outside’ think of 2-3 causes
- Check for presenting ‘concerns’ or worries’.
- Focus should be on events in previous 3-6 months
- Important to get information on diagnosis and treatment
- The Differential diagnosis should help you structure your questioning
- Be focussed. You do not have time to get history of everything as in ward clerking
- Summarise at 9 minutes with your understanding of the positive and negative points
leave a comment of other learning points I may have missed.