We discussed approach to History station and how to manage your time.
Plus a video station – 1 year old with trisomy 21, Jaundice, umbilical hernia and distended umbilical veins.
- History station have a ‘plan’ while reading the scenario.
- Prepare ‘mental’ consultation for first 2 -3 minutes
- Be ready to change your plan on response from patient / role player
- ‘How are you coping?’ Very important and should be asked early after presenting complaints.
- HEADSS for teenage history.
- Social history – after presenting signs & symptom details – do not leave till end.
- Summarize and then leave an open question.
- Park any major queries but do NOT ignore them.
Leave a comment or to add anything I may have missed.