Comparing two task was important and useful to understand why reading the information provided is VERY relevant.
Today we discussed scenario on giving information to parents of a new born. Both had congenital malformations – TGA and Oesophageal atresia with fistula.
There was a little difference in the information provided. One – diagnosis was suspect and other – diagnosis was confirmed.
Good attempt and almost meet standard performance.
- Read ALL the information provided very carefully
- Ask parents their concern before giving details you have thought of.
- Keep the description simple. Escalate if Role Player indicates
- Check for understanding
- Speak in 30 Sec bites.
- Use silence effectively by keeping quiet.
- Be lead by the parent / role player.
- Summaries effectively.
Practice practice practice.