Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Short stature – investigations
- Recurrent abdominal pain
- Prem: distended abdomen & vomiting
The Clinical Station scenario was on a 6 year old with cardiac surgery at 2 yrs for ‘Routine’ review in OP. Task to do a CVS examination. Dr A took the hotseat with Dr S & Dr D having the examiner hat. Dr A did a good CVS examination but there were a few points missed and more important the time of 6 minutes was not adequate – it took almost 11 minutes. Examiners made good suggestion.
- Keeping to time is a MUST.
- Examination technique HAS to be Fluid and systematic
- Practice completing a system exam in 5 minutes.
- Discussion with examiner: give your impression i.e. diagnosis
- Do not necessarily narrate your findings
- Support diagnosis with+ve & -ve finding
- General Examination is part of EVERY station
Please visit www.mrcpcholine.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.