Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Coeliac disease – diagnosis & management
- Brain tumour – SOL – Symptoms & Signs
- Hirschsprung’s presentation
The Clinical station was 12 year old presenting for review – for Neurology examination of Lower Limbs. AG discussed Neurology examination – Lower limbs, Upper limbs including the important General Examination. Dr D took the hotseat and made a good attempt of examination but ran out of time. Others gave useful suggestions on what was in the clinical video clues given.
The Learning points are:
- Systematic approach is VITAL
- Examination technique should be smooth flowing
- Inspection / Observation – Palpation / Tone – Percussion / Reflexes – Auscultation prn
- 5 Ss – Shoes / Scars / Spine / Shunt / Squint
- summarize well – keep diagnosis / differential in mind
- Managment – top few options
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.
Video recording of the session will be available in 24-48 hours.