Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Anorexia nervosa
- Coeliac disease
- Altered sensorium – 9 yr old
The H&M was a review of a 7 year old with an afebrile seizure when on holiday abroad. Referred by GP for review. Dr Shisher was moderator. Dr S was in the hotseat. Dr A very able Role Player. Dr D & Dr S wore the examiner hats. Dr S, good introduction and took very good history and covered most of the important details. A few points were lacking and highlighted by the examiner.
- Address the Role Player by name – not ‘Mum’ or ‘Dad’.
- Avoid Medical jargon
- Use the information provided carefully but take as accepted
- Work out a differential diagnosis to explore
- Seizures come from two sources: Brain or Heart
- Read and refresh all medical emergencies
- Summarize at 9 minutes – brief
- This will highlight what you may need to ask or elaborate further
- Do not lose your calm
- Practice will keep ‘Brain connected’ during ‘hotseat / Exam’
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.