Thank you for participating in the session.
In RRR we discussed:
- Kawaski disease
- Autism – main features
- Asthma management follow OP review
The History station was of a 21 days old neonate presenting with lethargy, poor feeding and failure to gain weight. Dr A took the hotseat, Dr P was the Role Player and Dr R & Dr A wore the examiner hat. Dr A made a very good attempt with good introduction, allowing RP to put her concerns across and getting the details. In discussion there were some lapse due to the pressure of being in the hotseat.
The Learning points are:
- Be careful of your Communication skills & words used
- Acute management is very important
- Revise ALL Hypos.., Hypers.., Status.. conditions
- Have them on your finger tips
- Even with an obvious diagnosis – explore other options briefly
- 9:4 minutes go very quickly – hence time management is vital
- Summary at 9 mins needs to be very brief
- Antibiotics for neonate – do not forget
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.