Thank you participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Epilepsy – types grouped into
- Status Epilepticus – management
The Communication scenario was of an 11 month infant admitted with neck stiffness likely due to meningitis. Task was to explain to parent diagnosis and to obtain consent for investigations, including Lumbar puncture and treatment. Dr A was the Role player and was very convincing. Dr P took the hotseat and was doing well when she had to leave to manage an actual child admitted with convulsions. Dr P took over and completed the task well. Dr D and Dr J had Examiner’s hat and provided structured feedback and marks.
The learning points are:
- Read the task VERY CAREFULLY.
- Every word is there contributing to the overall picture.
- Paraphrase the information provided and come to task quickly
- Give Role player to set their agenda
- Do NOT follow YOUR agenda. Be careful.
- It is not ONLY about completing the task.
- 30 seconds rule for speaking.
- Dialogue vs Monologue.
- Use pause to break your ‘speaking’.
- It needs practice so work hard with colleagues
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.