Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Infective Hepatitis
- Respiratory Distress Syndrome – Newborn
- Floppy newborn
The Clinical station was Communication scenario was of a 6 yr old referred for parental concerns regarding decreased activity and excessive TV watching. Dr P was a very able Role Player in Mother’s role. Dr A took the hot seat and Dr A & Dr J had the examiner hat. The attempt was good. We need to remember our limitations and that we work with other professionals who are more able than us in specific fields hence we should use them Dietician, physiotherapist etc.
The Learning points are:
- Read information carefully as there is a lot of information given.
- Watch your body language – EYE contact is a MUST.
- Sound confident.
- Opening statement after introductions: paraphrase info given.
- Concentrate on cues given.
- Do NOT slide into History Mode from Communication mode.
- Do Summarise at 6 minutes
- Involve Role Player in the discussion – DIALOGUE
- Do not get into monologue.
- It is about SHARING information – not telling everything you know.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.