Thank you for joining the sessions today.
Dr S joined us from Kuwait today and offered specific and practical advice – having been in the RCPCH hotseat not so long ago.
Dr S advised to use: C-C-C-B-B-B in assessment.
In RRR we discussed:
- Problem Oriented History of a child at Development station
- Signs of spasticity & treatment options
- Support for 5 year old with difficulty of walking
the Clinical station we covered Development – Fine Motor Assessment. We saw a Fine motor assessment being demonstrated by a colleague. Dr A took the hotseat and made a very good attempt at assessment. There were issues on better summary and presentation methods. All the participants contributed to the discussion.
The Learning points are:
- Essential to have a systematic approach
- General observation is part of EVERY station
- Time is tight – practice to complete in scheduled time
- Choose Toys appropriately
- ONE TOY / TOOL AT A TIME. REMOVE AFTER USING.
- If you finish EARLY – likely you have MISSED some time.
- Vision & Hearing – need to be confirmed
- Hand preference EARLIER than expected needs to be ‘Reported’
- MDT: Know composition and WHAT each member does.
- Crayon – Colour matching – Cutting – Blocks – Books – Beads.
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.