Thank you for participating in the session yesterday. Apology I could not send you update after the session.
Dr MF joined from Pakistan and gave specific and valuable ‘nuggets’.
In RRR we discussed:
- Speech & Language mile stones of 3 yr old
- MDT for 18/12 old with hemiplegia: who all in it?
- Education plan a 3 yr old child with Down’s syndrome
The Development we carried on from last session. AG presented how to and nuts and bolts & basics of Development station:
- History – what information to get: aetiology / family effects
- Summary – how to do a good job?
- Development assessment
- Discussion with examiner
We did not have a hotseat session but there was good group discussion.
The Learning points are:
- Need clarity of thought
- Speech has Receptive & Expressive components
- “Paraphrase question and then answer – give you time and easier
- Be systematic & organised during the whole station
- 2-3 screening questions for each domain
- Cannot ask details of domain you have to assess
- EHCP & SENCO – new acronyms – look them up
- Each case is different – do not just do a tick box exercise
- Summarize properly – do not just repeat what you have just done
- Give your OPINION – with supporting evidence
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.