Thank you for participating in the session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Hypoglycaemia in a 2 year old
- Rapid onset Flaccid paralysis on Lower Limbs – causes
- Hearing loss
The History and Management station was of a 16 year with Diabetes presenting general malaise & with HbA1C: 10.5 mmol & a positive Coeliac screen. Dr I took the hotseat and Dr D was in the Role player mode. Dr I covered almost all in relevant history but there were some points that could have been explored better. Comments from the group were appropriate however most failed to take full note of the initial information provided.
- ALL the information given in introduction is IMPORTANT
- DO NOT OVERLOOK and do not ignore
- Be systematic in your history
- Drug / medication history is very important
- Try and get details and spend some time on it
- Chronic conditions with an acute ‘twist’ – try and find relevant history
- Summary – do not repeat all you have gathered as Examiner has also been listening
- Your diagnosis / impression with +ve & -ve supporting facts
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I have missed.