Thank you for attending the session today. Exams in UK have completed. The feedback is the exam was fair, mixture of case that were difficult for some and not so for others. Happy to note most of the topics in the exam – we had covered in last three four months. We wait for the results
In RRR we discussed:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Crohn’s Ulcerative Colitis
- Seizure – epilepsy
There was a demonstration by one faculty of how to complete the MSK ‘station’ in under 6 minutes.
The Clinical Station scenario was of a 3 month old with evidence of a VP shunt, repaired meningomyelocele presenting with vomiting. General and specific examination. Dr K took the hotseat and picked all the clinical signs. Time was short and some specific DD points were discussed.
Learning points are:
- Develop a differential diagnosis
- Obvious signs are important but may NOT be the cause.
- Think laterally also for differential diagnosis
- Time management is very important
- Remember Task is Focused examination
- You will not be able to cover everything in 6 minutes.
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comment or any point I may have missed.