Thank you for participating in the session.
In RRR we discussed:
- Rheumatic fever
- Cerebellar tumour
The Video station was of a 6 week old baby with respiratory difficulty and getting oxygen.
Dr S took the hotseat and did a very good attempt at recognising the clinical signs and with clinical reasoning. A few minor points were helped by Dr I along with current management guideline.
The Learning points are:
- Have a differential diagnosis of the condition
- Signs of deterioration in clinical condition
- How will you monitor deterioration of a child
- What instructions will you give the nurse / junior
- Think for 5 seconds – organising your thoughts before replying
- Observation is key – be very careful
- Try and ‘see’ different aspects when reviews the video clip.
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I have missed.