Thank you for your participation in today’s session.
In RRR we discussed:
- Head Injury – effects / damage. Primary & Secondary
- Cystic Fibrosis – Clinical features / presentations – age wise
Scabies – symptoms, signs and management.
The Communication Scenario was of a 12 month old admitted with Febrile convulsion due to Otitis media. Father is insisting on a CT scan. Dr V was an able Role Player. Dr I took the hotseat. All medical & related technical related information was there and presented but how to could be improved. We practiced the scenario with reversed Roles after feedback of first attempt.
The Learning points are:
- Practice common words that are essential to Communication
- IT is NOT about saying ALL you know.
- Do NOT make it a monologue.
- REMEMBER 30 sec Rule.
- After introductions and open question
- Let Role Player speak for as LONG as they like: DO NOT interrupt
- For particular procedure or Treatment: HIGH light SIDE / HARMFUL effects
- These may be used to discourage from their ‘demands’.
- Safety NET – offer to review by Open Access – if appropriate.
Vist www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.