Thank you for your participation in the sessions today.In RRR we discussed:
- Alpha 1 – Antitrypsin deficiency. Presentation.
- 4 year old with periorbital swelling and lateral outward displacement of eye
- Chronic inflammatory Bowel Disease
The clinical Development scenario was of a 18 month whose mother is concerned about speech development. We discussed the expected mile stones to demonstrate. Dr D & Dr A took the hotseat. IT is a ‘different’ station to other clinical stations and needs more practice.
Learning points were:
- Receptive vs Expressive speech
- Fluent examination technique
- Have a Transcript of how you will ‘run’ the station
- Choose appropriate ‘commands’.
- Observe the child, demonstrate signs
- If child not playing ball – ASK parents help.
- If STILL successful – examiner will allow you to ask ‘parent’ direct question
- Important to keep time for the last option
- Red flags: Not talking by 2 years & Not walking by 18 months
I attach a thematic approach and mile stones.
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.
Respected sir, kindly let me know the procedure to register for these classes. Thank you.
Please send a mail to email@example.com for full details of course, fees and application.