Thank you for participating in the sessions today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Neurodegenerative disorder – Developmental regression
- Petechiae in neonate
- Pyloric stenosis
It is important to ‘work out’ a differential diagnosis of 2-3 common causes on reviewing the stem / initial information provided. This will help guide you history and examination.
In the clinical station we saw two presentation on MSK examination. First was brief presentation on the MSK examination by Dr Urmila and second How to actually complete the MSK examination by Dr Siba.
The learning points:
- If confused about the task – Clarify if Not directed: MSK or Neurology as lead in could be similar.
- After introductions ask if can ask Leading questions
- Practice MSK examination – complete in 5 minutes
- Systematic and fluent
- General examination also part of this station
- Developmental regression important and often ignored.
- Practice, Practice & Practice.
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.