Thank you for participating in the sessions today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Hearing loss in a 5 year old
- ‘Mile stones’ in hearing in 1st year of life
- Encephalitis / Encephalopathy
The clinical station was with universal cue of healthy 15 year old with longitudinal pigmented scar in RIF and also some circular scar around the umbilicus. Fullness and dullness in RIF.
Dr S & Dr D took the hotseat and made a very good attempt at clinical examination of the abdomen including a general examination. Time pressure was evident in both sessions.
Learning points as noted by all:
- Note universal cues and make a differential
- Systematic, fluent examination
- Introductions important. I have been asked to examine your ….
- Expose the ‘requisite’ part of body
- During this time do the General examination of ‘environment’
- Remain calm and confident – it is difficult in hotseat
- Verbalize your examination – practice, practice!
- Use RIGHT words to describe what you mean and want done.
- Learn about all the common scars and surgical procedures
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.