Thank you for participation in our session today. We started our Autumn session today.
In RRR we discussed:
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Limp in a 7 year old. Painful / painless essential to know.
We then practised a scenario of Angry parent of a 5 week old baby admitted with diagnosis of pyloric stenosis. Dr S and Dr R were in the hotseat and others participated with excellent feedback.
Learning points are:
- Acknowledge task early on – with in first minute
- Avoid jargon +
- There is always an agenda of the Role player
- Time management
- Have a flexible plan – be ready to adapt to Role player agenda
- 30 second byte for information giving
- Plan for first 2 minutes of the scenario only
- ELSE you are on YOUR agenda Not Role Player
Visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or anything I may have missed.