Thank you for participating in the session today.
The RRR discussed:
- 6/12 old with neuroblastoma – diagnosis
- Hearing loss in 7 year old noted by parents
- Respiratory distress & Respiratory Distress Syndrome
The Clinical station was of a 4 year old with parental concerns about his walking and falling.Universal cues were: Difficulty in getting up, Calf hypertrophy. The diagnosis was relatively easy but there was difficulty in completing the exam in mandated 6 minutes.
- Do NOT say I will build rapport with the child – as you will be asked – HOW?
- This will throw off track. Say what you will actually say.
- Expose fully – do not pull up trousers or shirt.
- If refused – then accept and improvise – what might you see if clothes not there
- General physical examination
- Universal cues need to be ‘described’ in examination
- Time management – practice to finish the exam in 5 minutes
- Learn to use unfamiliar words you will use in the exam
- It is a Focussed exam – you cannot do it like an undergraduate.
- Practice, Practice, Practice
Please visit www.mrcpchonline.org to add your comments or points I may have missed.
Good evening Dr
How can I join this course..
Please send details..
Sent from my Galaxy
Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then send you all the details. Thank you.