Thank you for participating in the session today and making it so interactive.
In the RRR – rapid random revision we covered:
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Precocious puberty
- Transition tachypnoea of the new born. – GBS sepsis a potentially lethal alternative.
DR P, Dr A and Dr S – covered the main points of the conditions. It was agreed it would be important to read up these topics and be able to discuss the top three diagnoses on management points.
The video station was of a four-year-old with difficulty in walking and frequent falls. Gowers sign was positive.
Dr s and Dr P attempted it well and covered it in required time. Presentation can be smoother & more fluid.
- Brush up common conditions and the differential diagnoses e.g. precocious puberty
- Discuss Most common condition first.
- Ask relevant questions to support or refute your working diagnosis.
- Mention group of muscles – NEED to describe how you will do the exam
- Be slick – flexors of thigh – by asking child to raise their leg etc
- Practice verbalisation – it is difficult but can be done
- TIME management has been the most important feedback
- 5 Ss – Speech -Squint – Shunt – Spine – Shoes.